Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Wednesday May 24, 2023 Birthday Banners-CLR062D + Banner Die Set PPRS-D062

 


Welcome Friends, it's a Woot-Woo Wednesday! And to celebrate, I'm pulling out the banners! Hi all, Tia here from RockyMtnCraftia.com. Today I've got a birthday card that really shows the recipient just how excited you are for them. And it's all thanks to the Birthday Banners Set! Nothing shouts louder (in a card) your excitement then banners rolling out of an envelope with balloons and confetti. So let's get started!

I started with paper. In my stash I found this bright, playful polka-dot pattern paper. I like that the colors were bright, but not primary colors. I matched gorgeous orchid colored cardstock for the base and envelope. The background of the design paper was off white, so I decided to cut my banners out of Very Vanilla cardstock. Next came COPIC selection. Again, I matched COPICS with the colors in my design paper.

COPIC COLORS

Pink: RV13;RV25

Purple:V12;V04;V06

Orange: YR16;YR04

Green:YG03; YG25

Blue: B00; B12; B21

For the very fine lines I used Staedtler Triplus Fineliners in: Lt. Green, Mid-Green; Mid-Pink; Plum; Lilac and Warm Gray.

I selected the banners I wanted from the set and stamped them with Contour Ink from Hero Arts. I really wanted the colors to pop and went for a no-line coloring technique. Contour Ink is a hybrid ink intended for no-line coloring.

I used the Banners Die Set from Prickley Pear Stamps to cut out my banners and arrange them in my mini-envelope. The envelope in a gift set, I kept it and opened it flat to create a template from. There are lots of  YouTube videos on how to create envelopes, as well as dies on the market.

I then fit the banners into the envelope (cutting the ends to help them fit) and popped them up with foam tape. 

Since the Banner stamp already had the word "Happy", I die cut the word birthday from black cardstock. I decided that looked bolder than I wanted and added another layer cut from Melon Mambo on top-so now it looked shadowed. I deckle cut a background boarder and attached it all to an A2 sized card base.

I love the energy of this card and hope you like it too! The Birthday Banners set has such great energy and this card idea would be easy to alter for Anniversary, Wedding/Baby Shower, Retirement/Graduation etc.! And once you get the Banners Die Set, there are several other Banner stamp sets in the store! Check them all out here: Banner Sets.

As always, I'd love to see what you're working on-so come join us over on the Facebook group at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/PrickleyPearPals

Thanks for following along and until next my friends-

Go-Get-Crafty!

-Tia


No comments:

Post a Comment