Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Hot Air Balloons: Adding Depth of Field To Scenes

Hello there!  Joy, here with you today where I talk about adding depth perception in a sky scene using the Hot Air Balloons stamp set.  We are going to do this by using smaller images, adding shading to images, placement, and dimension. Let's get into it!

Hot Air Balloons


I mentioned that I am using the Hot Air Balloons stamp set and I stamped the largest balloon twice and used two different insert stamps to create the different shapes. Next I stamped the rounded balloon insert as an actual balloon. That's the first way I am creating depth of field is having smaller images up at the top of the the card and tucked under the clouds so it is perceived as being farthest away. I find using a stamping positioning tool the easiest way to stamp inside another image so that you get perfect placement.


  
The next tip I have for adding dept perception is adding a lot of shading and highlights to your images. In the creases of each of the balloons I used a scary dark Copic markers usually ending in a "9" meaning it is very saturated or has the most gray in the color family. I and I make sure to leave a lot of highlight with the lightest color and add white gel pen or paint pen to it. You will notice the balloon on the right is higher up on the card and hanging off the edge to again trick the eye into thinking there is more going on.

My last two tips, is one, to pop up your images with different levels of dimension. In this case I doubled up foam tape on the center balloon. Second, I added another element, the bold circles to it because if this is the balloon closest to you, you would see the most detail.

I kept the background a simple white with die cuts from my stash, because I wanted the stamps to be the star of the show and focus on the technique. To finish off my card, I added a few confetti sequins!

Well, friends, I hope you’re feeling inspired from this post! Tag me on Instagram if you make a project using this as inspiration!! I’d love to see how you made it your own!! Xx, Joy

For more Prickley Pear Stamps inspiration check these out:

Thanks for spending some time with us today!  

You can connect with me here:
IG @joywilsonink
Pinterest
Youtube

Until next time keep crafting!!!









 


No comments:

Post a Comment