Tuesday, March 28, 2023

March 28, 2023, You Are My Sunshine Stamp Set CLR268

Hey Y'all!!! Teresa here. You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me happy when skies are gray.... I can sure hear my mom singing that to me when I was little. Be sure to check out the new Celestial Collection at Prickley Pear. You Are My Sunshine is just one stamp set in a beautiful collection. All the details for making this card yourself are below (including links).

I started by stamping and coloring the sun and these cute little sunflowers on Neenah Classic Crest Solar White paper and coloring them with Copic markers.

COPIC MARKERS:

• Sun (Y19, Y18, Y13)

• Flowers (Y19, Y18, Y13, RV09, RV06, RV02, BV17, BV13, BV11, YG67, YG63, YG61)

• Pots (E19, E09, E08, E99, E47, E13, E11)


PAPER & EVERYTHING ELSE

• Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 80lb Paper

• Card Stock - Gorgeous Grape

• Stamp Sets - You Are My Sunshine Clear Stamp Set

• Ink - Polished Pink

• Dies - Slimline Everyday Borders, Tags

• Bearly Art Glue, Foam Tape, Dots


Here is the link for the clear You Are My Sunshine stamp set:

You Are My Sunshine Stamp Set

The card base is cut from Gorgeous Grape card stock. It's cut to 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" scored at 4 1/4" on the long side. Just a tip I learned. Make sure you use your bone folder and burnish the fold well so it doesn't tear the fold.

I cut a piece of beautiful patterned paper to 5 3/8" x 4 1/8". Colors are perfect to be the background for my little sunflower friends. It's glued directly to the card base using wet glue.

I cut a piece of Gorgeous Grape card stock with one of the border dies and popped it up with a piece of foam tape across the bottom edge. The sunflowers are glued flat to the patterned paper behind the fun border and the sun is popped up with foam tape in the upper left corner.

I love all the sentiments that are part of this stamp set. I remember my mom singing 'You Are My Sunshine' to me when I was little. Brought a smile to my face.



The sentiment is popped up with foam tape for some additional dimension.

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine...


Visit the Prickley Pear store HERE


Click below and follow me on Facebook, Instagram & Pinterest!

Instagram / Facebook / Pinterest / Blog


Bring All Your Ideas To Life... ♥

~Teresa of Lollipots 'N' Polkadots


No comments:

Post a Comment