Friday, March 31, 2023

Friday, March 31 - You Are My Sunshine - CLR268

Happy Friday Friends! Tia here from RockyMtnCraftia.com. As we end this new release week, I know many of us on the design team will continue to showcase cards from this extraordinary Celestial Collection! I'm closing out this collection with the "You Are My Sunshine' set and lyrics from one of my favorite songs: Sunshine on My Shoulders-By John Denver.



I love when a stamp set offers the ability for paper-piecing! Such a great way to use up those paper scraps! I picked through my box of yellow scraps and found several pattern papers I wanted to use.

I cranked up Spotify and John Denver and sang while I fussy cut my way through a double-stamping of the Sun from this set. 

I started with an A2 sized card and with my Misti Stamping platform stamped directly onto my card base. I used a baby wipe to clear away the corner line of the sun, so I could create one BIG Sun!

The water came from a paper pad with rows of wavy water and some of it had glitter in it! I cut a piece out and freely cut the wavy top.


I wrote out my sentiment with pencil and then went back over with a fine-tipped Sharpie gel-pen (I love those!)

Thanks so much for following along through this awesome, positive and uplifting stamp set. Make sure you're picking up your favorite set or sets! Try your hand at one of the designs we've shown you or show us one of your own! Head over the the Prickley Pear Pals Facebook Group today and share!

Now go get some "Sunshine on your shoulder", be happy and...
Go Get Crafty!
-Tia
 

No comments:

Post a Comment