Thursday, March 30, 2023

Thursday March 30, 2023, Rainbow Dreams CLR261 Stamps

Hi Friends! Tia from RockyMtnCraftia.com here with another card design from the newly released Rainbow Dreams stamp set. Yesterday I shared a rainbow card made with the big Rainbow stamp. Today I wanted to share lots of little rainbows with EVERYONE! 


 

I just love each and everyone of the sentiments in this set so much! You're gonna see more card ideas from me on this one-they just keep falling from my head, like this one did! 

When I saw the sentiment 'dreams don't have zip codes', all I could think of was the little rainbow falling down delivering dreams to people! 

I started with a 5x7 sized card and adhered a blue-mottled piece of design paper onto it.  I die cut my building with another piece of design paper that reminded me of brick. I didn't want the buildings to be the focus, so I tried to keep the colors muted, hence-gray doors/windows over bold black ones.

I glued the buildings down and then I stamped the mini-rainbows directly onto the design paper with Long Fog Memento Ink. I stamped randomly and changed directions so the rainbows would appear to be falling down onto the buildings.

Since the rainbow is so tiny, I decided to do solid colors falling down in the rainbow spectrum. Although I could have used all the rainbow colors if I'd colored sideways (non-traditional rainbow coloring), maybe next time!

I stamped the sentiment on scratch-cardstock so I could make the words falling down as well. They looked a little blah-so I outlined them with a black COPIC. 


I love this set because I know a lot of folks who are coming out of the winter doldrums and I plan on sending lots of love and kindness this Spring! 

Thanks for joining me on another Craftia card journey! Make sure you're sharing your cards with us on the group Facebook page-Prickley Pear Pals! I look forward to seeing them out there! 

Until next card-Go Get Crafty!
-Tia

No comments:

Post a Comment