Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Mistletoe Message

Hi Prickley Pear Friends! I'm Tia from rockymtncraftia.com. I'm the newest member to the Prickley Pear Family and am SO excited to be here! For my DT debut, I went right to the good stuff...Christmas! I've never been a Christmas in July card maker but this year I was talked into trying by several crafty friends. Turns out it was easier and more addictive than I thought! And now that I've started, I've vowed to keep going until the very end (end of my card recipient list!) 

My card today features the gorgeous Victorian Ornaments 3 set! I love mistletoe and knew I wanted a card for my husband. I came up with the sentiment and created a MS-Word document. After printing it out on the die-cut cardstock frame, I used a little distress ink to create a "glow" where my ornament would be.

I stamped with gray-ink (for the no-lines effect), colored the ornament and fussy cut it out (how did I miss the die for it in the store!) and then attached it with foam tape for dimension. I topped it off with double bows of gold thread. I die-cut the additional vine & berries to break-up the white background and draw attention to the focal image and sentiment.

COPIC Markers Used:
Ornament: Y00; Y11; Y15; YR23
Ribbon: R59; R29; R27; R22
Mistletoe: YG11; YG17; YG25; White Gelly Roll Pen

If you haven't started on your Holiday card-making, I hope I inspired you to start! There are several beautiful ornament sets in the Prickley Pear store-so get them before they are gone. With only 124 days left until Christmas, I've already got another card idea brewing with this set-so come back for more! But more importantly-go create something beautiful!

See you soon!
                -Tia


No comments:

Post a Comment