Thursday, December 10, 2020

How to create holiday tags that double as ornaments!

Hello Prickley Pear Stamps fans! Leslie here from Love To Scrap 2 sharing a set of six holiday tags I created using the Christmas Holiday Gift Tags clear stamp set paired with the Circle Peek A Boo Die! What a fun project, and the cool thing about this set of tags is they are intended to be turned into ornaments after the packages have been opened! Each one is a little gift in itself and I love it when something functional turns into a keepsake! Win-Win!


I stamped all five images in the set on white cardstock, colored them with alcohol markers and cut them with a stitched octagon die. I cut five additional slightly larger octagonals from silver foil cardstock and then adhered the die cut images to them. 

I used the peek a boo die to cut five different colors of cardstock, and then cut five stitched circles from white cardstock that were just a tad larger than the peek a boo die cuts, and adhered them behind the peek a boo die cuts. I stamped 'To' and 'From' with a sentiment in coordinating red or green ink on the back of the circle die cuts.

I adhered the layered octagonals to the circles and added gemstones. I punched a hole at the top of each one and added a coordinating color of crafter's cord. 

Here are close-up shots of each tag:

   

    

    

    

    

I hope you've enjoyed seeing these tags/ornaments and will consider making some! This stamp set and die would make wonderful additions to your crafty stash, so be sure to check them out! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time!

Scrappy hugs,
Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment