Monday, October 16, 2023

Purrrrffffect Halloween

 Hi Guys and Happy Monday!

Today I have a fun Halloween card for you. This one has a lot more going on than it seems...It is built using pieces of several stamp sets and only one of them is a Halloween set. I love it when stamp sets can work together and stretch their uses beyond one thing. It really opens up the possibilities.



First, I used Slimline Hanging Plants. This set is really about the plants but if you color that sweet cat black... it is a whole nother story don't cha think? Since this set was meant for a slimline card, the stone path was more narrow than I wanted it, but it was very easy to sketch in more stones and widen it to my desired width. I colored up the scene with colored pencils (polychromos). Pencils take a little longer than markers but the process it really satisfying.

Second, I pulled out Distress Oxides and built my night sky around the image. I was a little more light-handed around the image but I really didn't worry too much. I wiped everything off immediately after applying and figure if any of the color stayed on my cat, it was from the setting sun shinning on him :). I used the same colors of Distress inks to create a "watercolor" effect on my moon from the Moon and Stars Stamp set and Die Set. I also die cut the moon a couple of times in black and stacked them together for some dimension. [Night sky color combo from bottom to top - Antique Linen, Victorian Velvet, Seedless Preserves, Chipped Sapphire, and Black Soot]

Last I used a sentiment (a cat sentiment even) from the Build a Cat Set. I heat embossed it in white on black cardstock then cut the words apart so I could better fit them on my card.

I hope this card inspires you to think outside the box, bend and tweak your stamps around your needs instead of getting stuck using them only one way, and also to look through your stamp sets and see what could be used together to create an entirely different look.

Thanks for stopping by!!

Hugs,
Lyn

No comments:

Post a Comment