Monday, March 1, 2021

'Doctor Koala' Easel Card

 Hello!

Wow I cant believe it is March already! I hope everyone is doing ok out there.

When I am crafting I often like to create a stash of different card types so that I have some ready for a range of occasions.  

This week I thought I would share a quick post of a get well card that I made.  For this I decided to create an easel style base just to make something a little different.  

I made a video of the process which is available on the Prickley Pear YouTube channel...

https://youtu.be/VgQG0xE33-g


1) I started by creating an easel using a 5" square card blank and then added layers using black card.
2) Next I used distress oxide ink sprays (Peacock Feathers & Twisted Citron) to create a quick blast of colour for the background panel and the strip for the stopper.
3) Using Peacock Feathers again, but this time in the oxide inkpad, I stamped the xoxo stamp from the Doctor Koala stamp along both edges.
4) To add a bit more definition I then added some of them using black, but stamped off each time onto scrap paper to create a lighter black impression.


5) After sticking those layers down I stamped the main image of Doctor Koala using archival ink and cut it out with the matching die set.
6) Once cut out I used Inktense pencils to colour the image.  These are a water reactive pencil but the colour is ink based so becomes permanent once dry.
7) The sentiment came from the same set and was backed onto black to help it stand out.


8) Foam was added to the back of Doctor Koala and then all the pieces added to the card.


All the Prickley Pear products are available on the website...


The individual sets used can be found by clicking the links below...

* Doctor Koala Bear Die Set

Thank you for looking.  
Do please visit the YouTube channel to take a look at the videos and it would be lovely if you could like and subscribe.

Happy crafting,

Jane xx



1 comment: