Monday, December 11, 2023

And the Stockings Were Hung...

For my project today, I am using a stocking and bow from the Stocking Two Stamp Set. After I colored it, I die cut it with the coordinating Stocking Die and then I sat and looked at it for a few days hoping for inspiration on what the card should look like. It eventually came to me and I created my card around my colored up image....Do you ever do that?


I created a pocket card. As I have strived to do all year, I reached for scraps. I used some of my red scraps to create bricks, then I built a "fireplace." I added glue in the cracks and sprinkled glitter to create "grout". Then I added wood like designer paper to the fold down flap to create a mantle. I added some paper I thought could pass as "wallpaper" "on the back then I sealed the two sides with thin score tape. Then I hung my stocking with a little brad act as my nail.

I created a coordinating note card that I can write a note on and maybe glue a gift card on. Then I can just slide it down in the pocket. The card is kind of simple but I really love the sweet little scene and I I can't wait to get this one in the mail - yes, you heard right. I haven't sent my cards yet. Please don't judge, I plan to do them by Wednesday haha!!

I hope you were inspired today and I hope you are having a wonderful holiday season.

Hugs,
Lyn

No comments:

Post a Comment