Monday, November 6, 2023

You are Loved! Simple Watercolor Technique

Today I am doing some simple stamping with "water color" and the Love and Prayers Set.


I used a technique from this blog HERE . Essentially, you add some water based inks (I used Distress Inks in Picked Raspberry, Milled Lavender, and Dusty Concord) to a kraft mat, spritz it, and the use that as an 'ink pad' to ink up your stamp. It gives you a loose, water color affect. And better yet, you do not have to be exact about this!

The word art stamp in this set is 3.5"x3.5" so I stamped it randomly on some Strathmore Bristol paper, to fully cover an A2 sized background. Then on a separate piece of Bristol, I "smooshed" some of the remaining ink and lined up one of the sentiment stamp to create a square border. I found a square stitched die slightly larger than my border and cut it out and mounted it and my background onto some navy cardstock. I added the heart into the middle and colored it with the darker ink from my kraft mat. I stacked it all and added it to a side folding card.

I think I will be playing around with this technique a few more times this month. It feels clean and simple but not but what what do you think?

Thanks for stopping by!! I hope you are inspired!

Hugs,
Lyn




No comments:

Post a Comment