Saturday, September 9, 2023

September 9, 2023 Steampunk Gears 3 - CLR025B

Happy Saturday friends! Have you ever had a "happy accident" occur while crafting? Tia from RockyMtnCraftia.com here with you! Well, I sure have and today's card is the outcome of one.

I was working on another project and part of it was printed from my HP Laser Jet printer. I was playing around with sticky embossing powder and glue to do some hot foiling when low and behold...the foil stuck to the image I had printed!

I recently picked-up the Steampunk Gears 3 set and thought it would be so cool to foil the gears for a real metallic look!

I absolutely LOVE this sentiment from the set; "If nothing ever changed there would be no butterflies". I stamped and matted it on blue cardstock and set aside. I created a traditional sized slimline card of 3.5x8.5 in. with Navy cardstock. On top of that I adhered design paper that looked like a cloudy sky. Lastly I used a Gears Embossing Folder from Cuttlebug (love playing with my older supplies too!) And embossed using a sheet of blue metallic cardstock.

I stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink, the gears, sentiment and several butterflies. Then I went to my copier. I selected one level darker and printed. I cut up a sheet of rainbow pattern Deco Foil and laid each square differently across my butterflies and gears.


I fussy cut both the original stamped butterflies and the foiled ones. I glues the stamped images flat to my card and then with foam tape adhered only the center of the foiled butterflies. Almost as if they are taking flight away from the old, as new brightly colored butterflies!

I added 2 of the foiled gears with foam tape as well.

I'm happy that you can see all the bright colors of foil in these photographs, but the original is so much better!


 If you are a fan of Steampunk, this or any of the original 2 sets are definitely a must buy!

The set, shown here, also has an amazing hot air balloon with rotating top that would be so much fun to create with! There are also some amazing gear dies too!

Find them all here: https://www.prickleypear.com/search.php?search_query=steampunk 

I hope I've inspired you to get into your crafty space and have a "happy accident" of your own! And if you do, be sure to share it with us on the Prickley Pear Pals Facebook page

If you'd like to see more of my work, you can find me at:

Blog: https://www.rockymtncraftia.com

Facebook: Tia Boswell

Instagram: #rockymtncraftia

Thanks for following! Now GO-GET-CRAFTY!

-Tia

No comments:

Post a Comment