Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Hot Air Balloons Stamp Set: How to Create an Easy Sky Scene

Hello, Joy here with you today.  I am so happy to be joining the Prickley Pear Stamps design team and bring you my first project.   I chose to use the biplane from the Hot Air Balloons stamps set to create a fun and easy summer sky.  



I stamped and colored the Biplane stamp from the Hot Air Balloons stamp set and later this month you'll see a project using the balloons. Now there isn't a coordinating die for the plane so I fussy cut this, but the good news is a Hot Air Balloon die is available in the shop if you're using the balloon!

Do you ever struggle with making a sky? I used to as well, but it is quite easy. Now, you could blend inks using your favorite ink pad and a blending brush or tool, but if you're like me you have your alcohol markers out already. When we think of a sky the first thing we want to do is draw in the clouds, but our paper is already white, right?  The key is to blend several colors of blues and blue greens concentrating the darkest color of blue in the center of the striations you create. I typically start by feathering from the sides of my card panel and alternating each level right to left. Think Zig Zags and always extend the color with your next lightest color. If you find that you have too many brush strokes, you can go over it with your colorless blender to push the color back.

Another key design element I like to have on my cards is a lot of contrast. In this example the red is striking against the black and white background. I also like to repeat elements in increments of threes. For instance, the plane is red and the gingham stripe peeking through on each side creates a triangle of red interest. From there the repetitive use of black and white with the papers and embellishments continue to move the eye. Let me know what you think of the bold sentiment from the Hot Air Balloons stamp set? Isn't it striking?

Copic coloring:
Sky: B00, B000, BG 11, BG10
Plane: R59, 29. 46, 24, C 7, 5, 3, 2, 1, 00 BV 23

We have Olo Markers in the Shop and if you're looking for equivalent colors you can hit me up for some suggestions.  

Well, friends, I hope you’re feeling inspired from this post! Tag me on Instagram if you make a project using this as inspiration!! I’d love to see how you made it your own!! Xx, Joy

For more Prickley Pear Stamps inspiration check these out:
Shop
Instagram
Prickley Pear Pals Facebook Page
Prickley Pear Stamps Blog
Pinterest

Hot Air Balloons
Hot Air Balloon


 You can connect with me, Joy here:

IG @joywilsonink
Pinterest
Youtube

Until next time keep crafting!!!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment