Wednesday, March 22, 2023

March 22, 2023 - Moon and Stars - CLR274

 Hi friends!  I am so excited to share this fun card with you using the brand-new release!  I love the Moon and Stars Stamp Set so much.  It is perfect for so many occasions. 

I created a card that I thought would be perfect for a new baby, but it could also be used to tell someone how much that you love them!  

I decided to try my hand at some no-line coloring, as the images are simple.  I used a pale ink to stamp them and then I colored them with alcohol markers.  I used the coordinating dies to cut them out and set them aside. 

I love any excuse to work on my ink blending skills, so I created a fun night sky background using Distress Oxide Inks along with some water splatter.  When the background was dry, I adhered it to a yellow panel and a navy card base. 

I wanted my card to have some movement, so when I die-cut the images, I also cut extras from plain white card stock.  I placed a piece of fishing twine between the colored stars and the white stars, and then I strung them all between the two moon pieces.  I popped the moon up on foam dots so that the stars could dangle.

To finish my card, I made a fun bow and glued a white button to it, followed by some sequins to add a bit of sparkle. 
I absolutely love this card, and I hope you do too! 
Please make sure to head over to the shop and check out this beautiful release!  
Thanks for spending a few minutes with me!  
Xoxo, Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment