Monday, January 18, 2021

How to create simple and elegant Winter home decor!

Hello Prickley Pear Stamps fans! Leslie here from Love To Scrap 2 sharing a pretty Winter Cardinal Diorama featuring a layered stamped and die cut cardinal! I created this several weeks ago and even though Christmas has passed, I thought it would be fun to share it here because the star of this show was stamped with the cardinal outline stamp in the Cardinals stamp set on red cardstock and cut with the Cardinal die. He sure is gorgeous! ;)


I started by assembling the diorama box and covering it (along with the large snowflake) with two coats of white gesso. When they were dry, I sprayed a blue shimmer mist in short spurts, added blue glitter and then white glitter, and applied a fixative so the glitter wouldn't fall off. I then sprayed tarnished silver shimmer mist in a few spots. I arranged the pine bough, pine cone and winter berry with a couple pearl sprays and adhered them to the inside of the box with the hot glue gun. I added some distress grit paste on the elements to resemble snow.

I stamped the cardinal on red cardstock, cut it with the coordinating die and layered five more cardinal die cuts behind it for strength and dimension, and then adhered it to the front of the pine bough. I tied a red and green plaid bow and adhered it to the bottom right corner. I added iridescent gemstones to the snowflake and adhered it to the upper left corner.

I stamped the sentiment (from the same stamp set) on a piece of scrap white cardstock, trimmed it, rolled one end and flagged the other end, and adhered it across the snowflake. I used one of the snowflake stamps in the stamp set and randomly stamped snowflakes on the front in white StazOn ink. The finishing touch was the addition of two more iridescent gemstones in the top right and lower left corners.


Prickley Pear Stamps products used:
Cardinals stamp set
Cardinal die

Despite it's complex look, this diorama really was quite simple to make and
I hope you enjoyed seeing it! This stamp set and die would make awesome additions to your crafty stash, so be sure to check them out! Stay tuned for another (kind of similar but a tad different) diorama project using this same stamp set and die plus an additional die! Have I peaked your interest? I hope so! ;) 

Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time!

Scrappy hugs,
Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment