Thursday, December 18, 2014

Home for the Holidays!

IMG_6937 (705x800)






















I wanted to try something a little bit different and use some non-traditional colors for a card.  I chose a graphite gray card stock for the main panel.  I used a stencil and my white color box pigment ink to create the bricks.  Then I chose  a chip board circle and covered it with a rust colored cut out. 
I love this sweet little collage musical image from Prickley Pear.  Its called Collage Pinecone Tag.  Because the stamp is rounded on the corners I wanted to round the edges of my two layered pieces but my corner chomper cuts too large for this delicate piece.  Hmmm….aha, I have done this before but not for a long time.  I still have some of those scalloped scissors that don’t cut worth a penny but they do make nice little curved edges on card stock.  Here’s how you do that?  Isn’t it fun???
IMG_6934IMG_6935
Once that was completed I flicked spatters on the layers with a tooth brush.  I kind of protected 2/3rds of the green layer to keep the image clean.  I went digging in my stash and found the perfect little banner accent piece from My Mind’s Eye. I then added a pretty little ribbon whose colors were perfect for this.

Oh yes and that sweet little cardinal, he’s from Prickley Pear also.  He comes from the Scalloped Oval 3 Winter Stamps set and I fussy cut him out to perch right on that little sentiment from the same set.  So what do you think?  Does the non-traditional idea work? 

4 comments:

  1. The brick background looks great, Janeen! Sweet music image and great fussy cutting on the tiny cardinal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice!! lovely little cardinal... pretty card..
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Janeen, your background turned out very nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo! I like that background...A LOT! :)

    ReplyDelete