Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Crumpled Paper Tutorial with Angela!


Hello!  Angie Here!  It's December the 10th so I thought I would celebrate my birthday with a Prickley Pear Rubber Stamp Tutorial.

 A few months ago our guest designer, Janeen challenged us to use crumpled paper on a CAS challenge for SCS.   I came up with the technique I am sharing with you today by using Janeen's "crumpled paper" idea in combination with my favorite way to color paper.

Here's what you will need:
Lightweight card stock
Mister bottle filled with water
Distress Ink
Craft Mat
Heat Tool (optional)

Spritz light weight card stock with water and crumple. 
Tip: The paper will shrink a little so if your project calls for a definite size you will need to cut  the paper a bit larger than the size required.


 Unfold.


 Press pad directly on craft mat and spritz with water.


Swish paper through ink then tap with fingers in the hills and valleys of the crumples to encourage the ink in the crumples.


Allow wet paper to dry.  I like to use a heat gun. 


Repeat the above step a couple of times if more color is needed.  It's important to dry between layering of ink to achieve a vibrant background. In the photo above you can see a lot of white on the edges where the ink just didn't saturate so I took a paint brush and dipped it in the watery ink still left on craft mat and painted the edges


 The next step is optional.  After the paper has dried it's ready to use but for today's card I didn't want the distressed look of the wavy paper so I ironed it!  Just place it between two sheets of copy paper, iron for a few seconds and you have a beautiful piece of designer paper!


 Even after ironing you can still see wonderful texture in the paper but it lays flat for adhering.
For this card I cut a layer 2 1/4 in wide and then used the rest to create the fabulous Poinsettia  embellishments with PPRS D031 Poinsettia Leaf Die.


PPRS Ingredient List:

I hope you will give this technique a try!

5 comments:

  1. Oh wow Angie, it's gorgeous!! That makes a delightful, festive background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is gorgeous!! lovely technique.. definite one to try!!
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this technique and your finished card. May have to CASE this. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful results. A lovely card indeed.

    ReplyDelete