Thursday, December 11, 2014

A Caroling We'll Go....

IMG_6920 (709x800)






















Don’t you think these caroling kids are the cutest?  I love the little puppy who went to sing along.  When we were children, before it was dangerous out there, all five of us used to go and carol around the neighborhood.  People would invite us in and give us hot chocolate or apple cider and lots of them gave us money in the form of coins.  We always had so much fun doing that.  It was my four brothers and me.  I know it was before I was ten because that is when we moved and we didn’t do it any more after that. I used to have a little muff thing like that to keep my hands warm too.  (I told you I was and advanced in age stamper) 

This stamp is called Bundled for Winter and it is one of the red rubber stamps they sell that stamps so crisply. 

I embossed the main panel and the white panel and then just used a white gel pen for some faux stitching on the gray panel.

To give a bit of added interest I cut the image out with the largest of the Scallop Nesting Die Set also from Prickley Pear.

Here’s a close up to see some of the detail  I used Staedler Water Color pencils to color with.  I just in-lined the images a bit and used a blender pen to pull the color.

IMG_6918 (800x600)



















IMG_6922 (800x600)

5 comments:

  1. So sweet! I love the colors! So pretty with the main image stamped on the scallop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super sweet indeed, lovely coloring and design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a sweet card!! caroling is so nice and fun!! I grew up in India and we used to go around caroling in groups... It was so nice..
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card. Love how u colored it in.

    ReplyDelete