Thursday, November 20, 2014

Pretty as a Rose...

 IMG_6760 (830x1024)





















Isn’t this just the prettiest little rose?  This is one of the red rubber images from Prickley Pear.  They stamp so clear, so beautiful.  I had this piece of cardstock left over from a previous project with the bricks on it and thought it would make a great back ground for this pretty rose.
This was pretty straight forward stamping so I only have the one picture.  Wish I would have taken pictures at the time I was using that pretty translucent embossing paste.  I just added a bit of black ink from a distress marker to give it a bit of brick color look.  Since it was a scrap the bricks are only on part of the piece I used which gives it a really nice look, I think.

I colored the image with colored pencils and let the Dove blender pen soften the colored lines.  Then using a punch I made a little frame for the image.  What I learned about corner punches is you need to cut your layering piece (the layer you are going to punch) 1/2 in larger than the piece you are going to put in the frame.  So if you have a two inch square image piece you need to cut your frame piece to  two and half inches and then it will fit perfectly.


I added the greeting from the Hibiscus set, trimmed out a banner for it and added a tiny piece of braided thread I snipped off a clothing tag.  A few spatters of “paint” with a brush and mounting the frame piece with dimensionals made this a really simple card with lots of elegance.  As I looked at it though, if felt it needed a touch of stickles glitter and that just finished it off.  This was a wonderfully simple card to make.

Prickley Pear Products that I used:
Rose Bunch –Red Rubber Stamp
Hibiscus 2 Clear Stamp Set

4 comments:

  1. the rose is so pretty... nice color... beautiful frame..
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings! I've been reading your site for a while now and finally got the bravery to go ahead and give you a shout out from Austin Texas! Just
    wanted to mention keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you santanu. I appreciate your interstate in my blog.

      Delete
  3. Thank you all. I love working with PPRS. I always say High quality products make us stampers look good.

    ReplyDelete