Thursday, November 27, 2014

Grateful For You

IMG_6843 (1024x768)
It is so much fun to work with these quality images from Prickley Pear.  No wonder I fell in love with them long ago.  But I just had a couple.  It’s nice to have the variety and all of their images evoke a nostalgic feeling in me.  I’m grateful for them.

Wishing you a grateful Thanksgiving from our home to yours.  Isn't this just a wonderful time to think of all the things that bring us so much joy? Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.  All that family fun with laughter and “remember whens”. 

I was inspired by this  red rubber windmill image and the hope of harvest to create this earthy card.  I stamped my image in an olive green color and then used two little playing card size card stock pieces to layer it with.  I used my corner chomper to round the corners on all my pieces.   After distressing my paper with some distress inks in Pumice Stone, Tea Dye and China blue, I used a tooth brush to spatter some green ink around the wind mill image.

Next I took the circle image from  the Fall Circle Set and stamped it twice.  Once in a soft wheat color and then again in the same olive green as the wind mill.  I used the Prickley Pear circle die to cut it out and then fussy cut the inside of the circle out with small scissors to make a wreath like circle.

What I love about the Prickley Pear clear stamps is you can cut the sentiments and straighten them out for an entirely different look.  They are so versatile when you do this.  (it only hurts the first couple of times that you do this) then you get over it and see how much more it gives you. Disappointed smile  I’ll show you a picture of what I did for this.  I got two sayings by stretching out the sentiment and using a marker to color the words I wanted.  They are such high quality stamps that they spring right back to their original shape and you can use them that way, also.
Then I used the grateful sentiment with it’s sweet font and embossed it in white on a little tag and added a white brad to it.  I pulled some ribbon through my card and put some dimensionals on the  tag and layered it over the ribbon.
IMG_6837 (1024x768)IMG_6839 (1024x768)IMG_6840 (1024x768)
See how easy this is?
IMG_6841 (1024x767)IMG_6842 (1024x768)
Here’s a list of the Prickley Pear Products that I used.
Scallop Circle  Nesting Dies
Circles Set – Fall- Clear Stamp Set  (I got so much use out of this one little set this fall.  It amazed me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment