Thursday, April 24, 2014

Wonderful Mom

AudreyPettit PPRS WonderfulMomCard
Hi everyone, it's Audrey, and I'm here with one last guest designer project for you today. This time, a little Mother's Day notecard featuring Prickley Pear's adorable Spring Scalloped Circles Clear Stamp Set.
AudreyPettit PPRS WonderfulMomCard2
This sweet little notecard is going to my own wonderful mom for Mother's Day this year. She loves to garden, and loves flowers, so I know this stamp set is absolutely perfect for her. Such a lovely sentiment, and there are so many different flower stems and round frames to choose from. The only tough choice is deciding which ones to use.
 
AudreyPettit PPRS WonderfulMomCard3
For my card, I started by stamping one of the circle frames in pretty teal ink onto white cardstock, then I added two of the flower images in dark brown ink. Watercolored the flowers and frame, fussy cut, and layered with lots of pretty die cuts and papers. Although most of the die cuts are pre-made, one of my layers was die cut using Prickley Pear's Scalloped Circle Die, my all-time favorite PPRS die. Mixing and matching die cuts and images like this is a wonderful way to call extra special attention to your focal point.
AudreyPettit PPRS WonderfulMomCard4
I added Glossy Accents to the flowers for a bit of extra detail. Punched the sentiment using my window slot punch. A bit of foam adhesive between some of the layers helps set them apart. Finished off with buttons and trim. I've had a great time playing with Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps over the past two months. Thanks for all your sweet comments, and thanks for the PPRS team for having me. Pop on over and visit me on my blog sometime! I'd love to see you!

3 comments:

  1. aww!! this is such a sweet card Audrey!! lovely colors!! and beautiful layers!!
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Audrey, your creations are always so pretty and this is no exception! Love this!

    ReplyDelete