Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Meet the Prickley Pear 2014 Design Team!


We are very pleased to announce our 2014 Design Team! Join us next Monday as they begin to share their Prickley Pear creations with you!


Designer Angela Bode:  Hi!  I am Angie, and for the past 23 years, my husband and I have called Georgia our home. We live on 3 acres of land and enjoy the change of seasons we see displayed on our little bit of land!  We have two teens, a boy and a girl that keep us hopping from activity to activity! Two felines walked out of the woods over the past 6 years and adopted us so if I am not crafting I am probably cuddling a bit of furry wildness!   

I have been happily addicted to paper crafting since May of 2011.  I love playing with die cuts, inks, sprays, paints and stamps!   I am so excited to be a design team member with Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps.  I have had so much fun working with the delicate lines of the images.  The beautiful artistry in the designs of Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps make it a breeze to create a beautiful project! 


Designer Barb Thompson: Hi there,  I am Barb and I am a long time Arizona resident going on 44 years.  When my husband retired we decided to move to a smaller town, one with cooler weather but still in Arizona.  I decided I needed a hobby since I no longer work and my sister who is a long time Scrapbooker and stamper gave me a few lessons and a kit to get me started!  Well as they say I was hooked.  I make mostly cards and love to play with different color combinations and patterns of paper. I am so excited to be a part of the Prickley Pear Stamps design team!  I hope I can inspire you!

 

Designer Brenda Weatherill: "I am a wife, mother and grandmother of a large family and an animal lover with dogs and horses to name but a few.

My cardmaking addiction started many years ago after I was diagnosed with MS and from the start I was drawn to rubber stamping, an obsession which grew as I discovered techniques such as brayering, inking and masking.

I particularly enjoy working with botanical images, experimenting with colour palettes and creating my own backgrounds and much of my inspiration is drawn from the wonderful rural East Anglian countryside in which I am fortunate to live.

I like to think of myself as a collector rather than hoarder of crafting products and my philosophy is that crafting is a constant learning curve".


design-team-sept-2013-heidi-erickson.jpg

Designer Heidi Erickson: I have been married for 22 years and have three teenage sons. I have been stamping for about 17 years. In 1997, I started my own stamp and scrapbook store, The Stamp Shoppe, with my Mom in Central Wisconsin. I love to create cards mostly, but I have done some scrapbooks of our family vacations and special events. When I am not busy stamping, you will find me with a good book, going to Lacrosse games to watch my boys play, or spending time with family and friends.


Designer Maureen Russell: My name is Maureen and I am a retired lady living in the rural mid-west. I have two fur babies who need my attention daily. Pixie, my little Rat terrier dog and my old cat, Lucy (19 yrs.)

I have been a crafter most of my life, but was introduced to card making by a friend in 2008 and it has become my passion. I've become addicted to paper, stamps, & dies, and I don't care who knows it! I couldn't think of a better way to express my creative side than to color with my Copics & cut paper!



Designer Michelle Pearson: I'm a stay at home mother of a 7 yo daughter and a 12 yo son.  My husband has put up with my creative messes for the last 21 years!  I am totally addicted to all things paper related, but please don't save me!!! Papercrafting is my sanity saver... it keeps my mind occupied and gives me satisfaction to create *something* out of a pile of fun supplies. I teach stamping workshops and love trying new techniques and like a variety of styles. I am currently taking a bit more time to scrapbook and am enjoying dabbling with zentangle-inspired doodles! I'm a night-owl...so if you're up late creating, chances are I am too!!  I'm looking forward to seeing where Prickley Pear will take us on our creative journeys this term!


Designer Rene' Koehn:I live in Shawnee Kansas – a suburb of the greater Kansas City area. I am happily married to my wonderful husband Brad. We have four fabulous children, three dogs and three cats. I have recently become a Grandma to Silas, whom I absolutely adore! Crafting has been a big part of my life for as long as I can remember. My mother, my sister and I share the same love. I discovered paper crafting about 8 years ago when I decided to do a scrapbook album for a friend of mine – been hooked ever since. I have taught classes for two local paper crafting stores for the last 6 years. Currently, I have the awesome privilege to design and work from home. I love to go “junking” in search of items that I can repurpose or alter. I would describe my crafting style as vintage-shabby, and I love anything old and “chippy”. I am honored to be part of the Prickley Pear Design team!!


Designer Tracy Thompson: I have a lovely hubby John of 19 years and I'm a very happy Mum of three gorgeous children, Scott 18, Jodie 15 and Bobby 8. And six adorable pets too. I started crafting in 2008 and started my blog in 2009. I just love rubber stamping so much, and I love blogging because every time I log on I'm inspired by so many talented crafters. I am at present part of four lovely deisgn teams, Stamping Sensations, Penny Black @ Allsorts, House Mouse & Friends, and Allsorts. I feel very proud to be part of them and with so many very talented ladies too. I am also very proud of being runner up in the magazine Papercraft Essentials, Papercrafter Of The Year 2013. Please stop by if you can. Thanks, hugs Tracy x

7 comments:

  1. congratulations ladies... waiting to see your great projects!!
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, what a inspired team of designers. Looking forward to your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to the new design team, which includes my sister Barb. Way to go sister!! Can't wait to see everyone's inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can hardly wait to see what all you girls dream up! A special shout-out to my dear friend Rene` - I'm so proud of you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi team. Looking forward to seeing your inspiring projects

    ReplyDelete