Friday, April 18, 2014

In the Meadow....

AudreyPettit PPRS God'sGardenCard 
Hi everyone, it's Audrey again, back today with another fun card to share with you. This time, I combined two of my favorite PPRS clear sets to create a happy meadow scene that's perfect for spring. One of my favorite parts of working with stamps is fact that you can combine the individual images in so many different ways to create tons of unique focal points, like this peaceful garden scene. I am smitten with the little wooden fence image from The Four Seasons Clear Stamp Set. It always makes me think of roaming through pastures on a beautiful spring day. Just the mood I was going for on my card today.
 AudreyPettit PPRS God'sGardenCard2 
To create my scene, I began by stamping the fence image in dark brown ink onto a panel of white cardstock. Colored pencils and chalk pastels add in layers of color for my green fields and blue sky. I stamped the beautiful verse from The Four Seasons set onto cream cardstock, edged in pastels, for a bit of a contrast. Stitched the panel onto my pretty patterned paper card base. AudreyPettit PPRS God'sGardenCard3 
The butterflies, from the Scalloped Oval 4- Floral Clear Stamp Set, were stamped onto watercolor paper in dark brown ink, water-colored and fussy cut before being adhered to the card base. By adding just a small dot of adhesive in the center of the butterfly, the wings can by lightly bent up to give a bit of extra depth and dimension. Finally, the card was finished with a few of my favorite trims. Thanks so much for stopping by! I'll be back next week for one last guest designer project here on the Prickley Pear blog. Hope to see you all then!

8 comments:

  1. A beautiful scene! A gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Audrey, what can I say as you have created a perfect card for me. I have a thing about fences and trees not to mention butterflies so this one ticks all my boxes.

    Happy and Peaceful Easter to all.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have certainly succeeded with this beautiful scene. I immediately thought of a walk on a sunny day in the country. Great card

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely scene card. I love how you made the sky and left enough open space for us to gaze up at it. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Audrey, this scene is so picturesque and so very peaceful! Gorgeous work my friend! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww!! such a beautiful scene!! very calm and peaceful...
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, love those stamps

    ReplyDelete