Thursday, April 10, 2014

Heart Doily with Audrey!

AudreyPettit PPRS MadeWithLoveCard 
Hi everyone, it's Audrey again! Today I have a happy, spring-inspired card to share with you featuring an adorable red rubber image from Prickley Pear Rubber Stamp called Hearts Doily.

The Hearts Doily is such a pretty image, and I love how versatile it is, too. Not only does it make a fabulous background print when stamped repeatedly, the doily is also a great focal image when used alone. I think the doily would make a great snowflake image...although I know we are all rather sick of snow right about now. For my card today, I decided to think spring, and used the doily to create a lovely layered flower, instead.
 AudreyPettit PPRS MadeWithLoveCard2 
This fun flower combines two of my most favorite things... playing with paper and playing with fabric. Since the Hearts Doily image doesn't come with a stem and some leaves, I got creative making my own. The stem is a thin snip of grosgrain ribbon, adhered in a curved line across the center of my tag. I hand-cut the pair of felt leaves, and added a bit of stitching before tacking them to the top of the stem.
 AudreyPettit PPRS MadeWithLoveCard3 
The flower itself was made with two layers of Hearts Doily, stamped in red ink on white cardstock. I fussy cut the first layer, and added it to the top of the stem with a foam dot for dimension. Then I punched out the center of the second doily with a scalloped circle punch, and adhered it to the flower with another foam dot. Topped them both with a pair of pretty buttons. AudreyPettit PPRS MadeWithLoveCard4 
Added the tag to my card, pieced from layers of cardstock and patterned paper. Stamped the doily image repeatedly on the card base in matching red and pink ink to create my own custom print. Love how that extra touch pulls the whole card together. Thanks so much for stopping by today! I'll be back next week with another fun guest designer project, but in the mean time, feel free to stop by my blog to say hi!

5 comments:

  1. Such a pretty flower. What a great idea and a lovely focal point

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a creative way to use the doily...to make a flower. What a cute flower it is too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty!! yes this image is so beautiful!!
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very elegant looking creation.

    B x

    ReplyDelete