Thursday, March 6, 2014

Guest Designer: Meet Audrey Pettit!


AudreyPettit PPRS CoffeeLoversSet
Hi everyone, it's Audrey, and I'm so excited to be back guest designing for Prickley Pear this spring. Over the next few weeks, I'll be sharing lots of fun projects with you featuring some of my favorite Prickley Pear rubber stamps, starting today with this little gift set that's perfect for all the coffee-lovers in your life.

This fun set includes a card and a matching pillow box, and was made with a super adorable red rubber image from Prickley Pear called Coffee Stain. I really love the artsy, random look to this stamp. These truly look like real little coffee cup rings, don't they? So perfect for creating your own custom background paper and so easy to do, too. And what a great match for that fun journaling card I've been dying to use.
AudreyPettit PPRS CoffeeLoversSet2
To create my own custom background paper, I randomly stamped the Coffee Stain image repeatedly onto kraft cardstock. I stuck with dark brown ink to mimic the real look of coffee cup rings. Then I simply cut down my panel and layered it onto a white card base. Machine stitching around the card adds a decorative touch. I adhered the coffee sentiment card onto some scalloped-edged paper, tying it with baker's twine before adding it to my card base using foam dots for dimension. Last touch is a fun chipboard bottle cap embellishment that perfectly matches my theme.

AudreyPettit PPRS CoffeeLoversSet3
The matching gift box is just as easy. After die cutting my box shape from kraft cardstock, the Coffee Stain image was once again randomly stamped in dark brown ink over the entire surface. Then just fill the box with goodies and tie it closed with baker's twine. I added a white cardstock belly band to match the card and added a few die cut embellishments for a fun hang tag. Super simple and super fun!
AudreyPettit PPRS CoffeeLoversSet4 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you enjoyed my little coffee-lover's gift set. I'll be back next week with another fun Prickley Pear Rubber Stamp project. Hope to see you all then! And in the mean time, you can visit me on my blog. Bye everyone!

8 comments:

  1. great card and gift box, I love the coffee rings and the stamp is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute and it
    does look like
    coffee!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is right up my alley! GREAT projects, Audrey! It's great to see you back! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you so much, Melissa! You made my day!

      Delete
  4. nice card and box... the stamp is perfect fr creating background.. loved it
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
  5. great stamp and i was just thinking the other day that i should sit my coffee cup down on one of my cards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that the coffee stain stamp is a great idea! You could have a lot of fun with that one!

    ReplyDelete