Sunday, January 5, 2014

Meet Iris!


Hi, my name is Iris and I live together with my husband in the beautiful state of Florida, being originally from Germany.
I've a grown up daughter, Kim, who's currently doing a 1 year internship in Germany.

I graduated school with a major in art. I'm a trained dental labratory technician, had to give up my profession due to allergies
and was working after that as a Graphic Artist & DTP Designer. 
I have been creative all my life and I tried many different things but when being introduced to stamping/paper crafting
about 8 years ago it became my passion. My favorite part is coloring and I love to use alcohol markers, Distress Inks and also pencils. 
Most relaxing for me is being in my craft studio with a good cup of coffee, my two doggies at my feet and just creating away.
I was thrilled when I received Michelle's email asking me to be a guest designer for Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps. I
t's an honor for me.
I hope you'll like my creations and that I can get you inspired a little bit.
Iris:
Hello All and a Happy New Year! I start off the new year with a 2 month guest designer position at Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps. I am all excited about it and if you don't know their line of stamps yet make sure you check them out! They've got beautiful rubber and clear stamps with matching dies.

Here is my first GDT card in CAS style



The dragonfly stamp and the sentiment are from the Dragonflies 2 clear stamp set. The Card measures 7 1/2" x 3 1/2". The dragonflies were stamped with Memento inks Lulu Lavender, Sweet Plum and Elderberry onto white smooth cardstock. I then cut them out using Spellbinders square Nestabilities and layered them onto scalloped, dark lilac squares. the sentiment was stamped with Memento Elderberry ink onto the lavender cardstock. The only embellishments I've used are 3 small lavender pearls. 




Close-up on one of the dragonflies and the sentiment. I'm usually not a big fan of clear stamps but these give a fantastic impression and are high quality photo polymer stamps.




Thanks for stopping by and I'll have another Prickley Pear creation for you to see here on my blog next Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome Iris! We can't wait to see your creations for the next two months! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on being the guest designer. Your card is fabulous. I do love to see people use purple.

    ReplyDelete