Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Heidi's Distress Inks Tutorial and Sneek Peek!

 
Today's tutorial is by Heidi, and it is giving you a sneek peek of the new spring stamps....these stamps have been released to your Prickley Pear retail stores and will be released on our website over the weekend!

Today I am doing a tutorial with Distress Inks on the new Ranger Specialty Stamping paper!
Here is what the finished product looks like:
First of all, I stamped the image onto the Specialty Stamping Paper with Archival Black Ink.  Then I used the heat tool to dry the ink quicker.  Next, I taped around the four sides with Removable Scotch Tape.  I tape in about an 1/8 inch to 1/4 inch.
For this card I used lighter colored inks.  I used Scattered Straw, Broken China, and Victorian Velvet Distress Inks.  If you use darker the colors, then you don't need to do as much sponging.  I start out with sponging the Scattered Straw in three different areas, but leave some white space.  Then I used Victorian Velvet on some of the white space, then finally sponging the Broken China on the remaining open areas.  If I feel it needs more blending or to add more color I go back and add more.  Once the color is how I want it to look, then I remove the tape.  The last thing, I do is spritz the paper with water.  As the water dries, it leaves bleached spots over the image.

Even though I love this technique with the Silhouette stamps, it also looks nice with images that you color. Here is a sample of the same technique with the new Baby stamp.  The image with colored with Distress Markers.  This time the image was spritzed with a fine mist, creating a little different texture to the card.  Now it's your turn to give this a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment