Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Textured Background Brew Card Duo and Tutorial

Today's cards feature new stamps and dies and a fun Textured Background Technique!

GG0170 Owl and The Pussycat was colored with Copic Markers.  The *wrought iron* embellishment is actually the new D038 Snowflake Pendant Die which I cut in half.

The background was created by using Chicken Feed Acrylic Paint on regular white cardstock.  I covered the panel using horizontal swipes, leaving the paint thicker in areas and leaving other areas white.

When the paint was dry, I then added some Art Anthology Sorbet Dimensional Gel Paint in Frost.  Again, I covered the panel in a horizontal direction.  I left thicker areas an others that were smooth until I had the desired effect.

Once dry I attached the panel to my cardstock and then covered the long edges with Washi Tape.

I stamped EE0161 Brewing Up A Batch 2 on a piece of painted cardstock with Stazon and then covered the stamping with the Dimensional Gel Paint. 

On this card I did the same process, but the purple and green circles were done with Ranger Distress Stains ( peeled paing and dusty concord) rather than the acrylic paint.  I stamped the images on top of the dimensional gel paint which I applied smoothly to these panels.  

Papers by My Mind's Eye' Lost And Found Two Rosy collection.

This is a great way to add a bit of interest to a card without adding fussiness!  Give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment