Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Kina's Fall Box Tutorial

We have an awesome tutorial for you today from Kina...it's amazing!! 
  

This is my Fall Box.
 I would like to give credit where credit is due - and I got this idea from an article in the Craft Stamper Magazine, by Christine Dark.
  
 

1. For my box I choose a small USPS box.
                   

2. Tape or glue the inside tabs down and cut the side tabs off.

3. Cover the edges with masking tape to finish the edges.


                                      
.   4. Cut cardstock to fit box top and sides.
5. Gesso the box, you're probably going to do a few edges twice.

6.  Gesso the cardstock pieces, but don't go all the way to the edge.  Distress the edges, I used Vintage Photo Distress ink, and then stamped the leaves from the PPRS Fall Leaves- Clear Stamp Set, and Fern Green Wendy Vecchi Designer Series Archival Ink.



7. Stamp leaves from the PPRS Oak & Maple Leaf - Clear Stamp Set,  on the gessoed craft cardstock. 
I used Memento Dew Drops to color the stamps, putting a few different colors on each stamps. Colors I used were Rhubarb Stalk, Bamboo Leaves, Tangelo, Morocco, Sweet Plum and Cantaloupe. Sprinkle a little bit of Stampendous Aged Embossing Enamel lightly.

 

8. Add a few die cuts from PPRS Oak & Maple Leaf - Die Set , and stamped leaves from PPRS Oak & Maple Leaf - Clear Stamp Set, using same colors, and pop-dot them. I outlined the images in black marker, to make them stand out a little more. Using the same black marker I hand drew scribbly lines along the edges of all the cardstock pieces.

9. Rub some Inka Old Gold around all the edges. Punch 2 holes in the top and run twine through them. Tie the twine together using a button as an embellishment.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice idea. I love the use of a postal box. Your stamps are amazing.

    ReplyDelete