Thursday, November 10, 2011

Leaf Card and Coloring Tips

Hi all! Do you remember this fabbie card from the Monday post?

Jenny made a great tutorial about how to do it and shared some coloring tips on her blog in THIS post and we thought it’d be a good idea to share it here too!
Jenny used the Oak and Maple Leaf Clear Stamps Set and Oak and Maple Leaf Die for her card and the leafs are colored with copics. Here is what she wrote about how to make this card:
You can see the Copics I used. I put all the dark colors down first and then use my lighter colors to smooth out the color transitions. Remember leaves are all blotchy too -- so the color transitions do not have to be perfect!!!! I added two small layered mats... 1/16" edge to the panel using Perfect Layer Rulers.
After constructing the card, using foam tape to pop up some of the layers. I gently bent the leaves an used Dimensional Silicone to adhere them on top of the leaf panel.
Leaf Copic Coloring Ideas
Tis the season for coloring leaves... so I thought I would show you a few a my favorite combos for fall leaves.... with Copic Markers, of course! Hope you can read my scratchy writing.
PPRS thanksgiving leaves 4
PPRS thanksgiving leaves 5
Thank you Jenny for your coloring tips!
The Prickley Pear Team

4 comments:

  1. Love the coloring of the leaves. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Jenny! Fab coloring tips, and beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your coloring, these are gorgeous. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this idea and thank you for the copic colors you used. I appreciate it so much hugs Cathy

    ReplyDelete