Saturday, September 25, 2010

CASE Study

I found a fun little challenge blog (CASE Study) from Tesa's blog this morning. They had the prettiest little challenge and inspirational card.  I just had to play along. I tried to make my card as close to theirs as possible, while of course, using completely different stamps!

Here's what I did. 
I first started with a base card of 4.25 by 5.5 and trimmed a smaller panel for my front. I then stamped (multiple times) the Solid Leaf ATC background with versamark and embossed with clear powder.  Next I trimmed out a 2 by 4" tan panel of card stock. I then stamped out my phrase. I cut another panel (slightly larger) of black card stock, and edged the bottom with my Martha Stewart Punch. I centered the tan panel and adhered to base of card. 

Next, I pulled out my distress inks and tefflon sheet. I smeared my inks (dusty concord and weathered wood) onto my tefflon sheet and then misted generously with water. I then dipped and rolled my paper into the mixture. Once dry, I pulled out my Prickley Pear Butterfly Die, and clear matching stamps. I cut my butterfly, and chose the stamp with the text on it. 

It was a quick and easy card, and the sketch made it super quick and easy!

6 comments:

  1. What a fab take on the CASE study! Love your embossed leaves especially!
    Thanks so much for joining us on CASE study!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I saw Tesa's blog and wanted to play along but forgot all about it, lol. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous card! I just love the sentiment - delightful... Thank you for entering our "prettiest little challenge"! (lol)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!!! Awesome card, Nicole!!!! I love the leaf stamp soooo much, need to go downstairs and ink it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card, I love that background and the butterfly. Beautiful card Nicole!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nicely done!
    Your card turned out gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete