Sunday, May 23, 2010

Life is a Journey


Today there is a really fun sketch challenge going on over at 365 Cards. I just had to play along. I had an idea to use the Buld a Bird Clear Stamps set along with the matching die. The die really makes building the bird quick and easy. This set is just sooooo much fun to use.

First I cut the bird die with water color paper. I then stamped the bird into the shapes using VersaFine black ink. A little bit of yellow paint gave me just enough shading for the wings and body.

I then punched two scalloped circles in different shades of yellow. In the smaller scalloped circle I stamped our Flower Border Circle using VersaMark and clear embossing powder. I layered all elements as shown.

To create the rays of the sun portion. I first punched a large scalloped circle. I placed that circle down in the lower left corner to use as a guide. I stuck down with repositionable tape. I stamped our fancy flourish several times around the scallop to create the rays with VersaMark. I pulled up the scallop, dusted with clear embossing powder and heat set.

Next, I stamped the Crown Journaling Box and Life is a Journey into the center. I then painted with a bit of yellow to shade. I finished with the little bird, yellow yarn, flower punchies and buttons.

Card size when finished is 4.25 by 5.5.

5 comments:

  1. This is so pretty and love the color and that birdie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sunny funny beautiful card, Nicole!!! LOVEEE all the yellow and beautiful embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card...love the bright yellow! Feels so summery! Great job with the sketch!

    ♥♥♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is just suuuper! Love the warm and rich colours... and the birds are soo cute!
    What a great take on the sketch! / Sophia

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a sunny and happy take on the sunday sketch!!!

    ReplyDelete