Sunday, May 30, 2010

3 Tulips

I checked out 365 Cards today for their sketch challenge. And I found the sketch to be a challenge! But I do love a good sketch, so I thought about it, and here is what I came up with. I stamped 2 small and 1 large of the Sketch Tulip - I painted them with cream, red and green watercolor paint. I cut and stamped two butterfly shapes from our Clear Stamps and Matching Dies. I painted in the butterflies with a bit of purple watercolor paint. I had plain cream card stock pulled out for the base of my card, but decided that it needed a bit more, so I pulled out my tefflon sheet, tea stain and purple distress inks. I swiped both pads onto my tefflon sheet and spritzed with water. I then dipped my paper and swirled around a bit into the inks. This gave me a soft modeled color and matched perfectly with the colors I had already chosen for the butterflies and the background paper behind the tulips. I stamped a flourish in the corners, layered all up. And done! Fun to do! Happy Stamping and hope you all have a lovely Memorial Day weekend. Nicole

6 comments:

  1. such a pretty card! love the colors. love your take on the sketch! thanks for sharing and hope you're having a wonderful weekend! *hugs* steph :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!!! Great take on the sketch! Love the butterflies!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!!! Gorgeous butterflies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty... those butterflies are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful!! love the butterfly's :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mottled color background is the perfect touch. I can't wait to try this technique. Thanks for sharing. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete