Sunday, April 4, 2010

365 Card Sketch Challenge


Happy Easter all! It is a beautiful spring day here in sunny Arizona. I have potatoes and garlic growing in my back yard, and plan to plant some flowers soon and being that is such a beautiful spring day, I was inspired to make a card and thought it would be fun to participate in a sketch challenge. So, looking at one of my design team members blog, Tesa, I came across the 365 Day Sketch Challenge.

Here is the card I came up with.
All stamps shown are Prickley Pear. I stamped the bottom border with our Floral Border Stamp with VersaMark and clear embossing powder. The Daisy Heads were stamped with Blue Ink and then embossed with blue embossing powder. I chalked the flowers and the background paper - then added a little design work to the scalloped edge of the paper. I stamped Happy Spring in blue, and then chalked into the center. I followed the layout and layered all together, and finished with a silk flower colored in with Copic Markers.

4 comments:

  1. Ohhh, how fun to find you play along with us, Nicole!!! Your card is stunning, love all the blue shades with that pop of purple/pink! And behold! Some of my favorite stamps!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this is beautiful and i love all the blues :)so glad you joined us on 365 cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT job on the sketch...love the contrast of the blues vs the bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soo lovely card! I just love your take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete