Tuesday, December 8, 2009

12 Days of Christmas - Day 6


A week or so I was looking on the DT blogs and I came upon a paper ornament that I absolutely loved. DT member Terese Broman made this darling little paper heart ornament. It was woven. I liked it so much, I thought I would try my own version. And here is what I came up with.

First, I started with printing out the pattern (supplied). I cut 2 pattern pieces from this and then wove the bottom sections together. When woven, the two halves create a heart.

I then stamped the upper left side of the heart 3 times with my Poinsettia stamp and embossed with gold. I chalked in the images. I backed on black card stock and trimmed.

I then pulled out one of my ATC transparency sheets and colored the back of the transparency with copic markers. Once colored I applied Art Institute Glitter Glue and silver glitter. I let this dry before mounting onto my background paper. I finished with prima flowers and buttons.

3 comments:

  1. I really love how you put a contemporary twist on this oranament I used to do years ago. This one is sooo gorgeous...I'll have to try them again, only better this time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is such a pretty ornament, can't wait to make one myself, jennifer

    ReplyDelete