Monday, December 7, 2009

12 Days of Christmas - Day 5


Hi All,
This 12 days of Christmas business sure has been fun, and we are not even half way though! I have a really striking little card done up by Design Team Member Terra Serrano.

Here is what she did in her words:
I started this card by masking with some mask shapes from Tim Holtz, and then covering them with white gesso. After I peeled the masks off, I was left with an awesome flower print. The top half of the card is a really sultry red velvet paper, which is hard to see in the picture, but super soft. I used the Retro Trees Ornament from Prickley Pear on glossy paper, and mounted that on top of a line of ribbon and black tulle. The final touch was the black buttons in the corners.


Don't forget we are hosting a sketch challenge this month. One lucky winner will win Blog Candy valued at over 60.00 in Prickley Pear Product. There have only been 2 entries, and thank you to them for entering. I would say that your chances of winning are pretty good. Please read the previous postings for details.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card! The masking is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! I also love velvet paper & also haven't been able to master showing its' beauty through pictures. I really love the ornament stamp. This is one I would try on acetate to make ornaments for a retro style tree. I also love the masking...another new idea to try.

    ReplyDelete