Saturday, October 3, 2009

Happy World Card Making Day!!!

Today is world card making day! I could not let this day go by without getting a little creative. So I pulled out my distress inks, copic markers my favorite Great Horned Owl stamp and got to work.

Distress inks are so much fun to work with. One thing I love about them is the fact that you can water them down, and they will maintain the color that they are intended to be. I started by putting different colors of ink down onto my tefflon sheet. Then I misted the ink and they bled together a little on the sheet. I then dipped my paper into the ink and swooshed it around, it gave me a really pretty surface to work with.

Once dry, I stamped the Owl with black memento ink. It is a dye based ink, so it drys quickly. I decided it would be fun to take out my copic markers and highlight the eyes of the Owl. I started with orange in the center, and yellow for the outer portion. I blended together - it gave the eyes great depth, and WOW does it pop off the distress ink background beautifully.

No comments:

Post a Comment