Sunday, October 25, 2009

Fun in the Craft Room

This weekend I decided it was time to be a little creative, and with the holidays coming up and fall in the air, (yes - even for Phoenix) it was time to do a little seasonal stamping.

First is a card I made using the Cardinals in Birch Trees.



I stamped the image onto white card stock with black Memento ink. I then pulled out my Copic markers and shaded the areas around the trees with blue hues. To blend, i started with my darker blue color and pulled that color out with 2 shades lighter of the lighter blue. I colored in all of the cardinals red, and put a little bit of cream in the trees to give a little bit of depth.

I mounted on rust and dark blue card stocks to pull out some of the colors in the stamped art.



Next, a Poinsettia holiday card.


I pulled out my distress inks, reinkers and misting bottles. I created the background that the stamp is sitting on by using my various misting bottles filled with watered down - various colors of distress inks.

First, used a sheet of tinfoil. I randomly placed a few colors from my ink pads onto the tinfoil. I then sprayed with a little bit of water.

I then dipped my card stock into the ink and smeared it around. To add a little bit more dimension and to mix the colors more. I used my misting bottles and sprayed more colors on top of what I had already dipped into the tinfoil. I let the colors blend and bleed together.

It gives you a really beautiful modeled look.

Once dry, I stamp the Poinsettia image onto the card stock with black Memento Ink.

I blended the petals using the same technique with the markers. I started with my darkest shade of red in the center of the flower then pulled out and blended the color using a red that was 2 shades lighter.

I repeated the same process with the second flower, and placed it under a square glass pebble from Craftfantastic.com.

One fun thing about the Copic markers. I got 2 completely different looks with the markers. And I think that they both turned out pretty good.

Happy Stamping!

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment