Thursday, October 8, 2009

2 Stamp - 2 Cards

As I was illustrating the latest round of Halloween and Fall images available now though www.prickleypear.com - I came upon a haunted house and thought, "Oooh, we need a haunted house with a graveyard and crickety walk way!", so I went to work. Sometimes, an image alludes me as to how to stamp with what I have illustrated. But, I never worry about it, because we have some incredibly FABULOUS designers who can take any cute idea I have and make a card look stunning with our stamps!

I have 2 such cards and designers right now. Each card is very different from one another. But I think you will agree, both are fantastic.

The first comes from one of our new Design Team Members Anya Schrier, and here is her work and her words.

Ghoulish Greetings
Hi blog friends! I hope you're doing well. My week is dragging, and I've had a headache for about a week, but it is fall and the leaves outside my window are beautiful. I have a bag of apples at home that will be made into apple crisp, and that is a good thing. (Trying to think positive here).

Today's card is another spooky one using stamps from Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps.

The image is called Haunted House in Graveyard and is available mounted or unmounted.

I stamped the image onto white cardstock using Tuxedo Black ink. The image was colored with my Copics and then highlighted with some Spica pens. I matted the main image with a piece of black that had been trimmed with my pinking blade. The edges were inked with Fresh Snow ink. The patterned paper is from Bo Bunny - isn't it funny? Trees with eyeballs! Very spooky if you ask me. The Ghoulish Greetings sentiment was also used.

Hope your evening is filled with wonderful things!


Next came a card from Jenny Gropp! And here is her work and her words. She is also giving away Prickley Pear Blog Candy this week!

Trick or TREAT!

No Tricks Here!
It's Time for Some Blog Candy!!!!
First I wanna share a card with you,
then on to the candy details....
---------------------------------------------
This card sums up why I love making Halloween cards....
Crazy colors mixed together and more is always better, not less when it comes to embellishments!
Prickley Pear
had an awesome release of Halloween images this fall, I have enjoyed creating with them thoroughly!



I colored the scene with Copics, masking the moon using a circle punch and Eclipse tape, then airbrushing the creepy colored sky. I combined a few odd marker colors for the house, then added some highlights with a white gel pen - after the white ink dried I scraped it off so it would be dull and not shiny. 'Cause shiny houses are not very spooky looking! I stamped the little ghosts and then cut three of them out adding one along the winding path and two more peeking out from behind the main scene panel.
I love this Halloween sentiment! The scratchy broken up font is just perfect! Now I'm thinking I should have also added a black cat image along the path!!! Of course, I added some stitch marks as a finishing touch.
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: Orange, Black, Green, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Basic Grey DP - Eerie Collection
  • Other: Cuttlebug Folder, White Gel Pen, Misc. Ribbon, Misc. Gems, Micron Black Pen, Eclipse Tape, Circle Punch

3 comments:

  1. Excellent effort, this is really fine art, Dear i dragging this blog again and again. This is very good work.
    Plastic Card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your fun Halloween cards.....thanks for sharing your Art!

    Shell~Alaska

    ReplyDelete