Sunday, August 16, 2009

A Haunting Halloween Card


This stamp was so much fun to produce. I have always loved cemeteries, when I was a college student in Denver, Co. I lived by one of the oldest and largest cemeteries in the city. I used to ride my bike through the grounds and look at the tombstones. Some of the artwork and the detail to the etchings are just stunning. The trees were large, mature and well manicured, not a spooky place at all, but beautiful and somehow comforting.

We decided that trees were in line for Halloween this year. And I thought of my favorite cemetery. With a little creative freedom and outside inspiration, I drew up this little tree with bats and gravestones.

I stamped the image with Versa mark onto cream card stock. I then pulled out my pebbles chalks and rubbed dark brown, purple, blue, green and black onto the stamped image. I then swirled more of the same chalk colors to give the effect of a twilight sky. I mounted and finished with black and brown Prima flowers. They added just the right touch.

I love this tree. The rest of our Halloween Trees will be found shortly on Addicted to Rubber Stamps as exclusive releases. Be looking for samples soon!

1 comment: