Monday, June 8, 2009

Gift Bags...


A woman I work with is having a baby. It is always so much fun being able to shop for little baby gifts. Tiny little hats, socks and outfits - little Whinny the Poo receiving blankets nicely packaged up in a tote bag and binkies. It seems you can get everything to coordinate. Needless to say, I love shopping for little ones. With blankets and binkies in hand I headed over to the gift wrapping section of the store. And there I cringed.

I absolutely enjoy buying gifts for others - probably because I love to shop. But in this economy, I don’t love to spend a ton on money on gift bags. They are just so expensive, often I save them and re-use, as I am sure most of you do too. So, I am browsing through all of the gift bags, and I see plain craft paper gift bags. Twelve to a pack for only 5.99. And I thought, perfect, I will decorate my own gift bag. I have baby stamps at home and all I need to create a darling little bit of packaging that does not have to cost me a ton of money. And her is what I came up with.

Here is what I did:
I found a pretty yellow floral paper. Cut it to 6 by 6". Cut a bright yellow card stock to 3.5 by 3.5" and edged it with a Terra Cotta ink - layer as shown. I then cut a panel to 3 by 3". I stamped the baby shaker into the center with black Ancient Page ink. I colored sparingly with colored pencils. I finished off the main piece of art by drawing in more flowers. I layered all together as show. It was quick and easy, and simple! :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment