Sunday, June 14, 2009

6 by 6" Chipboard Scrapbooks

I began my love of paper crafting as a scrapbooker. As time went along, I gradually found that I had less and less time to do the craft that I seem to love most. So, when we started to produce these magnificent little scrapbooks, I was thrilled. And I was also thrilled to be able to combine the art of stamping with scrapbooking to create the two pages you now view.

These little chipboard scrapbook kits are cut with archival safe chipboard. The pages are sturdy, and I like to create little pages that I can paste into the scrapbook as you see in the sample provided. Each kits comes with 4 tabbed pages as well as a cover and back cover. You can get 5 spreads or 10 pages out of this darling little book. Each kit comes with our flourished corner stamp 3 book rings for binding, ribbon and ephemera to add little touches here and there.

Here is what I did to make these pages:
I pulled out some of my favorite scrapbook pages - pink in tones of course! From there, I pulled out apple green and cream card stocks, a photo and some of my favorite stamps. I used the colors from the scrapbook pages as the base idea for the color of inks I would use.

I cut a picture frame out of cream card stock with a 2.5 by 3.5" opening. The final size to this frame is 4 by 4.75. I then layered onto the apple green card stock and trimmed around the outer and inside edges. I then set the green border aside. I stamped the cream frame with our Border Flourish in olive pigment ink. I dusted clear embossing powder and heat set. Once cooled, I chalked the flowers with pink chalk. I then rubbed a white chalk over the pink areas to soften and blend out the colors. I then layered the stamped art frame to the green frame and adhered. Once complete, layer onto 5.5 by 5.5" scrapbook paper.
I then stamped our Live, Dance, Laugh word phrase in the olive ink and embossed, mounted to a scrap of green cardstock and layered into the center of my frame with pop dots.
To the other page, I double mounted my photo onto cream then apple green card stock. I then stamped the Fanciful Flourish with brown ink 3 times up the side of the page. I then edged the page with brown ink to distress a bit. I then layered both scrapbook pages onto a darker ping paper that was cut to 5.75 by 5.75". To finish the spread, I traced the tabs of the scrapbook onto matching cardstock and adhered paper once cut... to the tabs. For each spread I have completed, I have used matching paper to that specific spread - making for colorful tabs when complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment